Friday, August 25, 2006

MacOnMacs: Final Cut Pro Tips - File Locations and Organization

Most of my MacOnMacs postings are general tips, applicable to just about anyone. However, as I've gotten further into video editing, I've searched and found a lot of different Final Cut Pro and related resources that have helped me a great deal and should be of use to any up-and-coming video production types out there. As there are a lot of people with a lot more experience than I have in this area, I thought I'd just provide some links to some helpful articles I've come across, so here goes...

As I was cleaning up from editing the second installment of my tsunami reconstruction quarterly documentary series from Sri Lanka (see the RebuildAmpara.com videos in the News section of that site), I realized that there were a lot of files hanging around and I wasn't exactly sure where they all were and what they all were for. Thankfully I found a great article on the Los Angeles Final Cut Pro User Group site explaining Final Cut Pro file locations and what's stored in them.

What this caused me to realize is that I've been editing without a very well-developed plan for how my files were organized so that I could keep track of them and archive them easily. Thankfully, Final Cut Pro guru Larry Jordan has, in addition to a lot of other excellent info (I would recommend subscribing to his free monthly newsletter), a great article on Organizing and Archiving your Final Cut Pro projects.

I'll keep posting these tips as I come across them and I'd love to know of any great tips or links to tips that you guys might have, so comment away! :-)
Submit to:    submit MacOnMacs: Final Cut Pro Tips - File Locations and Organization to digg.comDigg  |   book mark MacOnMacs: Final Cut Pro Tips - File Locations and Organization in del.icio.usDel.icio.us  |   submit MacOnMacs: Final Cut Pro Tips - File Locations and Organization to slashdot.comSlashdot

8/25/2006 10:10:00 a.m.  

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to these articles - very helpful.

July 18, 2007 6:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home