Monday, June 12, 2006

newsFlash: Torrent on G4TechTV

I told you in my return post that I'd give you some details on what I was up to during "the Silent Months" on my blog :-) . Well one of those things was writing all the music, and coordinating the graphics with my friend and fantastic artist Yoshi Arima, for the new G4TechTV television show, Torrent.

Torrent is "a weekly one-hour television Internet-culture show for tech-savvy audiences looking for unique first-person pop-tech stories from around the world". Torrent's slogan is "from podcast to broadcast", which refers to the fact that, aside from Amber's hosting and some other short pieces, most of the content is taken from video podcasts online. So, in addition to my music and graphics work, I also have one of my commandN segments in each Torrent episode - which is cool b/c, well, it's on TV :-) . As you can read on the website "Torrent will bring the best video podcast segments on the Internet to the living rooms of our viewers. It will be the first time ever that a network selects the best podcasts for broadcast". A great idea and a substantial bridge between the online video world of podcasting and the world of traditional broadcast television.

The show is still very new but I've been noticing improvements almost every episode. It's great to see some of the excellent content online cross mediums here, and I find myself learning something new with each show (which is the kind of viewing I like ;-) ). Although Torrent is only broadcast in Canada and (I think?) Australia right now, there are numerous ways to find and download this online (I'll post a link if I find one, as I don't think there's much wrong with American and other viewers downloading content that they otherwise would have no access to). Check it out!

UPDATE: Found that link (and note that these do get progressively better, so watch through a few of the more recent ones too ;-) )... www.1hug.com/tor/.
Submit to:    submit newsFlash: Torrent on G4TechTV to digg.comDigg  |   book mark newsFlash: Torrent on G4TechTV in del.icio.usDel.icio.us  |   submit newsFlash: Torrent on G4TechTV to slashdot.comSlashdot

6/12/2006 01:50:00 p.m.  

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff MacArthur said...

Hi Victoria,

I was wrong, it's not broadcast down under yet :-( . However, I did find a link you can use to download episodes from...

http://www.1hug.com/tor/

As I said, the episodes seem to get progressively better as they go on, so take a peak and let us know what you think!

Thanks,

Jeff

June 13, 2006 10:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're editing one of our San Fran eps tomorrow, and the ep from Vloggercon will air tomorrow night (June 15th).

Next Thursday (June 22nd) is my FAVE ep - shot all over beautiful San Fran, and includes segs from commandN, 88slide, Tom's Hardware, and more great shows!

-Amber

June 14, 2006 11:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home